24/7 ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE
Breakdowns are never welcome, but our 24x7 Roadside Assistance Program will make sure that the customer is never left stranded. Whether the customer is driving to work, zipping to a party or enjoying a long awaited road trip, Chevrolet Roadside Assistance lets him/her travel with complete peace of mind. As part of the brand’s commitment of care to Chevrolet owners, the Chevrolet Roadside Assistance Program offers 24/7 emergency roadside service.
It provides support in the event of vehicle immobilization due to mechanical or electrical breakdown, road accidents, flat battery, fuel shortage, tire problems and locked/lost key, amongst others. Chevrolet will even get the customer back home or call their loved ones to let them know they are safe so the customer is never stranded & scared on the road.
Chevrolet is proud to offer the security and convenience of our 24-hour Roadside Assistance Program as part of the overall Complete Care experience. Starting 1st January 2014, the Roadside Assistance Program is free for 3 years from the date of invoice of the vehicle.
In the event of a breakdown or accident, Chevrolet owners can call 1800-103-8090 (toll-free) or 0124-4388090 for free roadside assistance round the clock throughout the country (except Andaman and Nicobar Islands).
THE CHEVROLET ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM INCLUDES AID FOR:
- Mechanical or electrical breakdown
- Road accidents where the vehicle is immobilized
- Battery Jump Start
- Fuel problems - Out of fuel, contaminated fuel or incorrect fuel
- Locked keys, lost keys or broken vehicle keys
- Flat Tyre- replace with spare tyre available in the vehicle, bolts or valve related issues.
HOW TO REQUEST ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE
Customers can call Chevrolet’s dedicated Road Side Assistance Team on 1800-103-8090 or 0124-4388090 and they will rush to your aid.
To make the process as fast as possible, it is helpful if the customer can have the following information ready for the customer service team when calling:
- Customers name and contact phone number
- Vehicle registration number
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- Vehicle model
- Date of Invoice
- Name of the Chevrolet dealer from whom the vehicle was purchased
- Brief description of the problem faced
- Specific location of the vehicle, along with the nearest landmark
WHAT TO DO IN AN ACCIDENT
Inform the customer that if he/she is in an accident or has a roadside breakdown, he/she should stay calm and then explain the below mentioned steps which are to be followed:
- Tell the customer to check for injuries. If any serious injuries are incurred, tell them to call an ambulance or the police.
- If the customer is in an unsafe location and his/her car is able to be moved, then suggest the customer to drive it to the closest safe location.
- If the customers car cannot be driven, tell them to make sure that them and other passengers are away from other traffic or they should remain in the vehicle.
- Also, tell them to turn off the vehicle ignition and turn on the hazard lights to warn other drivers. If they have a safety triangle, it should be placed on the road at least 5m from their vehicle.
- The customer needs to be told to gather important information from the other driver(s) if there is more than one vehicle involved.
- They should also be told to call Chevrolet Roadside Assistance for help to get their car back to the authorized service operation or back on the road.