CHEVROLET OWNERS’ TIPS
With a little care and attention, your Chevrolet is fit not just for years but for generations. Whether it’s getting acquainted with your owner’s manual, scheduling regular services and using genuine parts or performing simple maintenance at home, the high quality of Chevrolet design ensures that your car is with you for the long haul.
Vehicle Maintenance Tips
1. How to check your engine oil
When it comes to car care tips, checking the engine oil tops the list as proper levels of clean engine oil keep your engine running smoothly by lubricating its moving parts. So, make sure you start by parking your car at a leveled surface and then find out how to check the engine oil at home with this short video.
4. How to check tire pressure
Properly inflated tyres will give you a safe, smooth ride while improving your car’s fuel efficiency. Here’s how to take care of your car tyres by checking if the tire pressure is correct.
2. How to check your radiator fluid level
If you’re looking for tips on how to take care of your car, checking the radiator fluid level is an important step. Radiator fluid helps your engine maintain a healthy temperature, ensuring that it runs smoothly in all conditions. Park your car at a leveled surface and watch this video for a quick demonstration of how to monitor and change radiator fluids.
5. How to check your tires for wear and tear
Follow the instructions in this video to find out how to take care of your car tyres to preserve the ride quality and optimize the efficiency of its safety features by checking for wear and tear.
3. How to check air filters
An air filter clogged with dust and dirt can cause your engine to operate inefficiently, which is why checking the air filters is a crucial step when talking about how to take care of car engine. Watch this video to find out how to check and replace your car’s air filters.
Fuel Efficiency Tips
Your vehicle’s fuel economy will depend on your driving habits, traffic conditions, the condition of your vehicle, load, tire pressure, etc.
1. Make sure your tires are in good condition and periodically check (and then correct) each tire’s pressure as recommended, as it is an essential part of car care services.
2. Sudden acceleration, unnecessary engine idling, and frequent gear changes can increase fuel consumption. Driving at a consistent pace and braking early will improve your fuel efficiency.
3. Make sure you always release the parking brake before driving.
4. When it comes to facts about car fuel efficiency, try not to “ride the clutch” (resting your foot on the clutch pedal while driving) if you drive a manual transmission vehicle. Similarly, make sure not to rest your foot on the brake pedal while moving if you drive an automatic transmission vehicle.
5. In a manual transmission vehicle, maximum possible use of top gear with a drive at a speed range of 60-80kmph and avoiding frequent gear change will give optimum fuel efficiency from your vehicle.
6. Maintain a safe distance from other vehicles to avoid sudden or repeated braking.
7. One of the important car care tips on how to take care of car air conditioner and to conserve fuel is to ensure that windows are closed when the air conditioning is switched on. Plus, using re-circulating air mode, with minimum or no mixing of hot and cold air. When starting the vehicle from a hot parking area, open all the windows to allow the hot air escape for 2-3 minutes before switching the air conditioning on.
8. Remember to service your vehicle at a car care center in accordance with the maintenance schedule. You can see the recommended maintenance schedule here or in your owner’s manual.
9. Different forces in the front and rear tires make them wear disproportionately, causing a loss of vehicle stability. To avoid that, it is recommended to do a tire rotation according to the maintenance schedule of Chevrolet or even visit a car care center.
Safe Driving Tips
1. Try to avoid sudden or unnecessary acceleration or braking, as this can result in abnormal wear of your tire tread.
2. Poor weather conditions increase the chances of your car skidding or sliding. So, as far as how to care car in rainy season or harsh conditions is concerned, it is best to drive slowly.
3. Travelling on rough roads can be challenging. Engage the 4-wheel drive mode for better control (if available on your vehicle), and be sure to drive slowly to prevent any damage to your tires.
4. Electronic Stability Control includes sensors on the wheels to monitor any loss of traction and adjust power or braking as needed to help retain control. However, you should always slow down when driving around corners to ensure the safety of your passengers and pedestrians.
5. One great answer to ‘how to take care of your car’ is keeping an appropriate distance from the vehicle ahead to avoid sudden or repeated braking and allow a safe stopping distance.
6. If you notice any abnormal sound or vibration while driving, pull over in a safe place as soon as possible and contact Chevrolet Complete Care’s Road Assistance team. Or, you can also look for a car care center near me on our website.
Car Washing Tips
- Aim to wash your vehicle once a week.
- Try to avoid soap which is too harsh and can affect your vehicle’s finish. Instead, use professional car care products.
- Try to avoid washing in direct sunlight to avoid streaking.
- Soak any bird droppings with a wet sponge before washing. Also, remove bird droppings as quickly as possible after you notice them to avoid damage to your vehicle’s finish which can arise from the acid in the bird droppings. If there are too many stains, it is better to seek car cleaning services.
- Begin by hosing your vehicle down with cold water.
- Wash your vehicle with a mixture of warm water and only use a mild soap if not using professional car care products.
- Wash a small section at a time and rinse with cold water.
Must Know Tips
1. What do the warning signals on my dashboard mean?
It is important to know what your car is trying to communicate to you through warning signals. Watch the video above for a quick run through and remember to refer to your owner’s manual if in doubt or think about visiting a car care center.
2. How do I find my VIN and why is it important.
One of the most interesting car facts is the usage of the VIN. Your car’s Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) is its fingerprint. This unique number is registered to your vehicle and allows it to be verified as yours. Watch this video to find out how to locate yours.
3. What is the correct driving position?
A good driving position gives you better control and extends your line of sight when on the road. Follow our expert’s advice in this video to see the difference for yourself.