General Motors (GM) Company is proud of its long standing commitment to protect Human health & Environment. As a responsible corporate citizen we continually assess the Environmental Impacts of our activities, products and services and are committed to reducing or eliminating wherever practicable these impacts through the establishment of appropriate objectives and targets. GM has globally consistent standard intended to protect the environment by establishing sound design, engineering , manufacturing and distribution practices that support compliance while minimizing negative environmental impacts.
GM has very strong Environmental Principles:
- We are committed to actions to restore and preserve the environment.
- We are committed to reducing waste and pollutants, conserving resources and recycling materials at every stage of the product life cycle.
- We will continue to participate actively in educating the public regarding environmental conservation.
- We will continue to pursue vigorously the development and implementation of technologies for minimizing pollutant emissions.
- We will continue to work with all government entities for the development of technically sound and financially responsible environmental laws and regulations.
- We will continually assess the impact of our plants and products on the environment and the communities in which we live and operate with a goal of continuous improvement.
General Motors India has a well established Integrated Management System (IMS) which includes ISO 9001 & ISO 14001 requirements.