Chevrolet vehicle maintenance tips to keep your Chevy always in shape.
1. Read the Owner’s Manual - The Owner’s Manual contains complete and comprehensive details about your car while also providing easy steps to follow regarding the maintenance and repair of your vehicle. Along with up-keeping, the owner’s manual also recommends you about safety and driving precautions.
2. Regular oil change – Regularly changing the engine oil of the car as per schedule is essential. The oil plays a crucial role in lubricating the components of the car. Also, due to clean engine oil the functioning of the vehicle becomes all the more efficient as the oil prevents the engine from overheating by absorbing the heat produced.
3. Maintain the fluid level – A few of the very essential fluid levels that need to be checked from time to time include transmission fluid, brake fluid, battery fluid and coolant fluid. It’s healthy to check them weekly and top them up whenever required after checking their ‘full’ mark indication.
4. Check the tyre pressure – Make sure the tyres of your car are properly inflated because doing this will actually increase car’s mileage. Most of us ignore the importance of correct tyre pressure and often neglect to maintain the evenness of air pressure in all the tyres. So keep the car tyres air pressure intact because low pressure leads to low fuel mileage and high pressure can lead to an unsafe and bumpy ride. Appropriate tyre pressure also increases the driving efficiency plus increases the life-span of wheels.
5. Air filter replacements should be carried out regularly as per schedule. However, in case it is filled with dust and dirt, it can be replaced immediately. A clogged air filter will make your engine operate harder and thus hamper the cars fuel efficiency. Replacing the air filter as per schedule will improve your mileage by as much as 10%, so make sure you check the engine air filter at every oil change.
6. On-time servicing is the thumb rule – Make sure to always opt for an authorized station of Chevrolet for maintenance. Following the strict schedule of maintenance provided by your manufacturer is absolutely beneficial for the great performance and heightened life-span of your car. Also if you are confronting any troubles or faults in vehicle, don’t ignore it and take it to the workshop before the fault gets deeper and can cost you much more than expected.
7. Remember to use only original parts while replacing the old ones and also ensure that while you send your car to a service station, they also provide you the details of spare parts used in the vehicle during repair and maintenance.
1. Ensure that the tyre condition is good, periodically check and correct tyre pressure as recommended.
2. Avoid - pressing accelerator pedal while starting engine /frequent gear changes / unnecessary engine idle running / sudden acceleration.
3. Ensure parking brake is released while driving.
4. Do not rest the foot on the clutch pedal or brake pedal while driving.
5. Use maximum higher gear while driving.
6. Maintain a safe distance from other vehicles to avoid repeat brakes application.
7. Use A/C only when it is essential. Ensure that windows are closed when A/C is switched ‘on’ and maximum use of re-circulating air mode, minimum or no use of air mixing (hot & cold air).
8. If the vehicle is being driven from a hot area parking, open windows to allow hot air escape for 2-3 min and then close the windows, switch on A/C and run the blower at high speed for 3-4 min for faster cooling.
9. Do not turn the louvers towards window side; this avoids fogging on the window. Use defogger to remove misting on windshield.
10. Ensure timely service as recommended in the Owners Manual.
11. Press clutch pedal fully for smooth gear shifting.
Note: - FE is highly dependent on traffic condition, driving habits, driving speed, condition of the vehicle, load, tyre pressures etc.
1. Try, where possible, to avoid sudden starting or braking of a vehicle as this can result in the abnormal wear of the tyre tread.
2. Slow down when the road is slippery to prevent the likelihood of skidding.
3. Slow down when traveling on rough road surfaces, as the tyre could be impacted and malfunctions may occur.
4. Slow down during cornering to prevent one-sided wear of the tyre.
5. Keep an appropriate distance from the vehicle ahead.
6. In case of any abnormal sound or vibration being experienced during travelling, seek to stop the car and park it in a safe place as soon as possible. Check the vehicle and its tyre. Should no abnormality of appearance of the tyres be found, get the vehicle checked by Chevrolet authorized service centre.
*Ex-Showroom Delhi. Non-Metallic Prices
© 2013 General Motors
Accessories shown on the website may not be a part of the standard equipment. Colors and specifications are subject to change without prior notice. Colors shown may not match the actual colors due to visual limitations. Features mentioned and accessories shown will vary by model and may not be a part of the standard equipment. Chevrolet is a registered trademark of General Motors Company. Some features shown are optional and may be available only on select models.