- Since 1912, Chevrolet has produced more than 200 million cars and trucks.
- In North America, Total Chevrolet cars and trucks produced since 1912: 180,000,000
Chevrolet Passenger Cars: 111,000,000
Chevrolet Trucks: 69,000,000
- In January 2011, Chevrolet was the top selling automotive brand in the United States.
- Chevrolet sold 4.26 million vehicles globally in 2010, an average of one every 7.4 seconds.
- 1 in every 1,615 people in the world bought a Chevrolet during 2010.
- 1 in every 403 households in the world bought a Chevrolet during 2010.
- If you lined up all of the Chevrolets purchased in 2010 bumper-to-bumper, the line would stretch 12,909 miles – 51% of the circumference of the earth.
- Chevrolets are on the road in 2/3 of the world.
- Emerging Markets are expected to account for 55% of Chevrolet global sales by 2012.
- Chevrolet global engine fuel mix is currently 33% green fuels vs. 67% conventional fuels (gas/diesel), that is projected to shift to 40% green fuels vs. 60% by 2012.
- Eight of top 10 –selling markets for Chevrolet 2010 are emerging markets – Brazil, China, Uzbekistan, Mexico, Russia, India, Argentina and Colombia.
- The shift to Emerging Markets is causing a fundamental shift in the global segment mix to “entry level” vehicles.